We test all your system components
When Fleenor Security installed your security system, or if we converted your existing system from a previous service provider, we tested all of your system components at that time to insure they were properly communicating to the central station facility.
Phone line failures, lightning or power surges, or a change in phone service (adding DSL or VOIP phone service) may cause your normally reliable security system to become incapable of doing its job.
Fleenor Security encourages all of our customers to test their systems monthly to insure their system is ready in the event of an emergency.
Here is how you can test your system:
- Call the 24-hour Fleenor Security central monitoring center at 1.800.282.3755 and let them know want to perform a system test. Be prepared to provide them with your name, service address and password. (Your password is the secret word or number you provided, that allows the central station to identify you as the account holder.)
- Close all doors and protected windows, stop moving in front of any motion detectors, arm your system and allow the delay time to expire.
- Activate your alarm like an actual emergency by opening a protected door, walking in front of a motion detector, pressing your panic or hold-up buttons, etc.
- Allow your sirens to sound for approximately 15 seconds to one minute and then turn off your system.
- Call the central station and announce that you are calling to check test results. The central station operator will describe the signals received.
- Let the operator know you are done testing and ask the operator to take the system off test.
If for any reason the system did not communicate to our central station, please ask one of our operators to enter a service ticket or call our service department at 1.800.282.3755, Monday through Friday between 8am and 5pm, and we will arrange for one of our qualified technicians to check your system.